The Propeller ASC+ is an Arduino Shield Compatible prototyping system designed to use existing Arduino add-on boards with the Propeller's SPIN language or Propeller Assembly.
The board provides:
- mini-USB interface.
- MCP3208 12-bit analog to digital converter.
- 3.3v AUX port for extra digital I/O or TV/keyboard/mouse or RGB using only a few resistors.
- Fourteen Arduino compatible, current protected 3.3v digital I/O pins.
- PWM, I2C, SPI, UART and more, in any combination on any pin.
- A 64 kilobyte EEPROM (32K for program + 32K for data storage)
- 3.3v and 5v voltage regulators.
- Can be powered from the USB port (500mA polyfuse) or with 6-9v 2.1mm power jack.
Download the free (but closed source) Propeller software from the Parallax website at http://www.parallax.com
Brad's Spin Tool (also closed) is a little more advanced option that also runs on Linux & Mac.
If C is your preference, go for the free Catalina C.
Also the new open beta of Propeller GCC. (Forum | Google Code)
For drag-and-drop programming, the 12-Blocks GUI is a must-have.
A large list of Arduino shields can be found at shieldlist.org.
To stay up to date with the development of this product, please subscribe to this thread at the Parallax forums.